In a Two Dimensional World Sex Sells

The author of Corpse in Armor, Martin McPhillips, discusses Obama’s fourth dimension, and America’s show culture, America’s virtual reality, and includes this thought in his post.

So Americans are plugged in, listening, watching, experiencing every human emotion that can be put into a live wire, and they often buy and sell along those pathways, as well as buying others and selling themselves in those two dimensions, with great feeling.

A problem arises, among many problems, when the political realm is sold in the same way a song, a car, or a soft drink is sold. Images of granny and baby, sorrow and happiness, success and failure, are attached to politics, but when we buy any political product the price is now more often the last of our own freedom, and that freedom is converted by the political class into power. The joke is on us because the power is over us. What was two-dimensional in its offering, like everything else that settles into reality, becomes three dimensions, and the third dimension of politics is power.

Which goes far in explaining why, in a world where Ambassador Chris Stevens is still very dead, headlines such as this, Exclusive: Paula Broadwell’s Emails Revealed, receive more attention in the mainstream media than actual wrong doings in government, and elicit comments such as this.

...Ambassador Chris Stevens would have gotten more attention sending snotty e-mails to random citizens rather than asking the State Department for more security.

Comment lifted from Small Dead Animals.

UPDATE:  Oooooh ... Shiny!: One of the most wonderfully front-loaded distraction campaigns in recent memory

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 11/13 at 10:01 AM
  1. It is becoming more and more apparent that Obama and the unions stole the elction.  Here it is one week after the election and the evidence is piling up even faster then some states have been able to count all the votes.  Is it a story when the leader of the largest country and leader of the free world is a fraud?  Is this silent coup a threat to our national security?  Obama, arguably not even a natural born citizen and clearly an anti-American and anti-national defense Marxist with numerous associations with communists organizations was “installed” by a radical left wing cabal.  Is this a risk to our national security???  Is it more important then the latest sex scandal or even Benghazi??

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/13  at  11:02 AM
  2. “Is it a story when the leader of the largest country and leader of the free world is a fraud?”

Ha…hasn’t been, eh?

I can’t find much import in election fraud, even if it changed the outcome.  Any way you cut it, at least 50 million want this (whether they understand it or not) and there are several more million willing to (try to) make it happen.  Actual voting numbers can’t change that or what it is.

Even if it could, what sort of method would that be?  That’s what got us here in the first place, isn’t it?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/13  at  12:48 PM
  3. Jim,
    To paraphrase Billy Beck
    We won’t be voting our way out of this.

I suggest everyone who reads John’s blog should look at Western Rifle Shooters too.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/13  at  01:18 PM
  4. We won’t be voting our way out of this.

Trouble is, we won’t be not voting our way out of it, either.

But it’s time to figure out something, because a whole lot of reality
    is getting ready to land on the doorstep.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/13  at  02:46 PM
  5. Jim;  So what then?  We roll over?  Isn’t this what bananna republics do?  The power steals the election and the people are powerless to overturn it?  My point/question is what would/should we do if an election is outright stolen?  And then to point out the evidence is that our election was indeed stolen.  Remember Romney didn’t lose by a couple million votes he lost a handful (4) states by just over 400,000 votes and there is evidence that there were far more votes then that stolen, changed or misplaced in those states.

The stakes could not be higher.  Remember that the great depression lasted 11 years and that was primarily due to a president following keynesian economics.  Obama has been following Keynesian economics (with a Chicago mob cronyism twist).  Do we really want to go through another 10 years of this and worse?  What will happen when the debt crashes our government?  This is inevitable, our debt has increased past an event horizon and we are beginning a spiral into a full blown crash.  We are hiding it somewhat by borrowing even more money but have you ever known someone to get out of debt by borrowing more?  Between borrowing and printing money and kepping the interest rates unrealistically low we are both disguising the situation and making it worse.  This is going to hurt a lot of people and we do what???  Nothing!!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/13  at  04:45 PM
  6. You know, there is something decidedly amusing about the title of Broadwell’s book, “All In”.

Posted by RKN  on  11/14  at  01:25 AM
  7. So what then?  We roll over?  Isn’t this what bananna republics do?  The power steals the election and the people are powerless to overturn it?
    ===================

Deny it has anything to do with you.
    The politicians can pretend all they want.
    You must get on with reality.
    Carve your own existence in an effort to avoid thuggery everywhere while understanding that it IS everywhere.

Recognize ALL as individuals rather than groups. If a thug or group of thugs accost you, you must defend yourself with overwhelming force at all times.

Or, you can take the pussified method by appealing to their emotions and see how far that gets you and probably die as a coward in the end.

The first step is realizing there are terrible people all around, here in the land of the free, and deciding how you are going to live in that horrifying environment.

Election? What election? I don’t have room for such nonsense in my life.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/14  at  10:51 AM
  8. Thank you, Don; that’s pretty much my answer.

Besides…GWTW, I’m not sure what you believe the options are.  And if you’ve got any that are realistic, then I think you should do ‘em anyway!  I mean, how much better is a straight election that controls people, than a fraudulent one?  Sorry to be so blunt, but IMO you’ve been snookered.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/14  at  08:32 PM
  9. Options:  Recount,  Declare the election invalid and revote, impeach.

Probably not realistic.  That was my point.  If instead of stealing the election in the shadows the Democrats had stolen it like they do in bananna republics with armed men and outright fraud is there any provision in our constitution or written law to overturn it?  I say no!  What it takes is for good men to stand up and insist and force the courts and politicians to do something.  Our election was just stolen and we are doing nothing.

We were all snookered and your dislike and inability to understand the constitution suprises me.  I would rather live in a country where our leaders are freely choosen even if I disagree with them then live in a country where elections are stolen.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/15  at  11:50 AM
  10. “What it takes is for good men to stand up and insist and force the courts and politicians to do something.”

I don’t think good men force anyone else to do their bidding, so that plan looks oxymoronic to me.

I’m not sure why you think I can’t understand the Constitution; it’s a pretty simple document.  It’s not so much that I dislike the document, but rather that I dislike how and why it came to be (I wonder if you know) and especially how it’s been used to snooker otherwise fine people like yourself.

You’ve got a “legal system” that’s huge beyond belief, yet you need a magnifying glass to find the parts of it that are legal.  You tell me…are the zillions of laws that contradict the Constitution, legal or illegal?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/15  at  08:03 PM
  11. Jim: You talk in broad generalities and have deftly eleuded addressing my point.  The point is simply that we had our election stolen and with all the evidence that has come out so far very few doubt that fact.  What do we do if the election is stolen (by definition a coup)?  There is no provision in the constitution it is up to good men to take action.  There is only one legal venue for that action and that is our courts.  Why has no one begun an action to overturn this coup?  This isn’t a wide ranging discussion about zillions of laws or past contradictions to the constitution.  It is one really big issue: the coup of November 6th.  What will/should we do?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/16  at  11:40 AM
  12. “What will/should we do?”

I understand you, GWTW, really I do.  Here’s my answer…

Use the experience to understand that it’s been a fraud all along.  This is as opposed to trying to continue the pretension by making the actions fit the fantasy.

Y’know, I don’t stand against American principles or the ideas in the founding documents.  Hell, I probably love ‘em more than most people.  My difference is that I understand what principles and ideas ARE, and that they can’t come into existence at the point of a gun…not even at the points of millions of guns.  You can force a man to DO something, but you can’t force him to BE something he doesn’t choose to be.

I’m a simpleton; I begin at the beginning.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  11/18  at  04:45 PM

Next entry: 96 Cents