Freedom Dies With Your Neighbors’ Assistance and Whimpers

Joan of Argghh! responding to Ted Nugent’s Concord Bridge remark in a post titled Are You Waiting On the First Five People To Get Crucified?.

...here’s the thing: Obama won’t send an army, he’ll send your neighbor, the one with the IRS job. Or you’ll try to travel and a local NHS satrap will show up to investigate you, express serious doubts about your online comments, and ask you to get in his car, quietly please, as your wife and kids look on– and your neighbors whisper, “I always thought something was strange about him.” Some municipal quisling will bring four or five officers and arrest you for making a video, or for refusing a smart-meter on your home. You will be shamed in the local paper, not the New York Times.

Death-or-glory charges are for the fresh young recruits. Cannon fodder, sadly. But their story comes long after the thousand paper-cuts of the Diktat. The apparatchiks are your neighbors. And you won’t raise a gun to the man with whom you’ve shared a meal.

If Solzhenitzyn’s “how we burned in the camps later” essay doesn’t WAKEN us to the fact that it’s not “them” but it’s folks right here, next door in our communities, then we are doomed to lose this country. You have friends with public sector jobs who can’t afford to lose them. Hell, the garbage collector doesn’t want to lose his job. He’ll report you for not recycling if it’s required of him. Nice people will unwind the strands of liberty one “concern”  at a time.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 01/27 at 02:54 PM
  1. John,

That’s so true. I remember back in the early 80’s when the native sovereignty movement in some parts of Alaska was peaking. A retired Canadian judge was asked to tour several villages on the lower Yukon and Kuskowim. He later wrote a book called Village Journey wherein there was a quote that sticks in my mind to this day.

I paraphrase, from memory here but the gist of what this one fellow in some village said was, in the old days the government sent in troops to round us up. If they did that today, you might be surprised at how many people would pick up a gun and fight. But now days they send lawyers and social workers. If you shoot them, you’re not a warrior, you’re just a murderer.

As the MSM becomes the propaganda arm of the democrat party, as our constitutional rights are slowly eroded away, as anything other than the party line is looked at as mentally aberrant, it is important to understand how the fight will come to us (all) individually.

However, mere understanding will not be enough. We will need to act. The question is how many really will act and how many, at any crucial time will sit it out until, a real opportunity presents itself?

Posted by Tim P  on  01/27  at  08:11 PM
  2. Thanks for the link, John. Tim, I love that quote and may have to append it to my blog post, as it rings of reality.

Posted by Joan of Argghh!  on  01/27  at  08:18 PM
  3. One disturbing comment I saw at the Joan of Argghh post you linked to above, was from Cond0011 on January 27, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

“Someone on the internet made an important point that Rosa Parks first made her stand in the mid 40′s about the injustice of discrimination on Buses and she was quietly and summarily dispatched. 10 years later, she did it again and that time it took hold. Coincidence? Or was groundwork being laid by the liberals (via the schools and media)in their slow altering of the populations perspective and opinions.

Maybe I’m missing something, but wasn’t Rosa Parks’ refusal to move to the rear of the bus one of the beginnings of the civil rights movement? And isn’t it such action that we should laud and seek to emulate in the fight against leftism? Now here is someone equating this with leftist encroachment into our popular culture? As a disturbing strain of amoral and militant leftism exists in American liberalism, so too, it seems that a strain of racism exists on the right. I don’t know what Rosa Parks’ politics were, but I do know that what she did was in the name of civil rights and racial equality, not advancing some leftist agenda. I also know it took a lot of courage too.
    Very disturbing.

Posted by Tim P  on  01/27  at  08:31 PM
  4. I share your concern, Tim. Condo is a good guy and I tend to think it was just the stream of consciousness running faster than his keyboard. But I’ve been too busy to do much more than acknowledge comments.

I’m not sure why you didn’t feel free to call him on it for an explanation. Lively discussion on the Right is what sets us apart from the dumbed-down Left.

Posted by Joan of Argghh!  on  01/28  at  08:45 AM
  5. Tim, thanks for dropping that quote from Village Journey.

That is the big question, right there, Tim.  I am encouraged by ideas, put into action, like this.

Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.

Buttressed by the reality of this Einstein quote, lifted from Einstein’s essay My First Impression of the USA, also at that link.

The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this.

Tim, like you also, I am disturbed by the racism on the right, which indeed exists, though somewhat more subtly than the racism of the 40s, 50s, and 60s.  Rosa Parks should be considered as a powerful example of an individual standing up to not only the folly of individual racism in society, but standing up to the injustice of the state.

6. Joan, thank you for posting your thoughts on this subject.  I appreciate their clarity.

7. Joan,
    You said,“I’m not sure why you didn’t feel free to call him on it for an explanation.”

I did not call him on it on your blog, because I basically agree with the gist of your post and did NOT want to start some flame war. Especially as I have never commented there before. It would be rather ‘trollish.’

Posted by Tim P  on  01/28  at  05:08 PM
  8. Re “racism on the right”:
      I grew up in Hawaii as a member of the haole (white) minority and have always believed in Dr. King’s “content of their soul rather than the color of their skin”. However the hatred openly manifested by many blacks these days toward whites in general leads me to be cautious. It’s not racist to fear someone who hates you and wishes to harm you.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/29  at  08:32 PM
  9. I…have always believed in Dr. King’s “content of their soul rather than the color of their skin”. However the hatred openly manifested by many blacks these days toward whites in general leads me to be cautious.

Hunt, I am always cautious about numbers when the word “many” is utilized.  It’s too much a generalization.  While I also note looks of open hatred from blacks, my experiences to date, and currently, has been that the number is not “many.”  I hesitatingly will say a percentage of less than 15% of the total.  I get open looks of hatred from whites, too, and it is prudent to be cautious of people whom are eyeing you, so to speak, no matter their color.

It’s not racist to fear someone who hates you and wishes to harm you.

No, it is not.

Hunt, thanks for your thoughts.

10. John,
    I admit I based that “many"comment on what I’ve been reading online and seeing in the news, so you’re right - it may be inaccurate, and I hope I’m totally off base.  Certainly I’ve not personally experienced it here in San Diego. I really hope the country does not fracture on racial lines.

P.S. could the DIY AR be a trap? Seems too good to be true.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/30  at  12:19 AM
  11. P.S. could the DIY AR be a trap? Seems too good to be true.

Hunt, based on the fact that this can be researched quite easily, the presenter in the video tells viewers right where to look, it appears absolutely legit.  Later today, I’m going to research the pertinent documentation Dimitri points to, and I’ll post a link to it here in comments.