Dresses and Barbed Wire Fences

A woman’s dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.

Sophia Loren

Classic.  Beauty.  Click that link and see for yourself.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 07/03 at 10:51 AM
  1. Jeez Venlet. You could have at least found a decent picture.

Posted by Erin O'Brien  on  07/03  at  12:45 PM
  2. Hey, Erin.

No doubt the photo you have posted of Sophia does have a sultry edge that catches the eye, but I actually prefer the one I linked to.  The summer dress Sophia is wearing in that photo is serving its purpose, well, without obstructing the view.  The picture of femininity.

I will say, though, that I’ve never really seen a bad picture of Sophia.

3. This is my favorite pic of Loren, mainly because she is not posing and the way she’s looking at Mansfield speaks volumes.

Posted by Erin O'Brien  on  07/03  at  01:46 PM
  4. That is a good one, Erin.  Mansfield’s dress is just barely serving it’s purpose, hey?

5. I cannot tell if Loren is envious or disapproving or both in that pic. Probably both.

Now I don’t know if you’ve been to my homepage today, Mr. Venlet (is that pronounced ven-let with hard T or ven-lay?), but hopefully my holiday image will convince you that even though I’m a liberal I do not “hate America” as your friend Mr. Sayet professes.

Have a good fourth.

Posted by Erin O'Brien  on  07/03  at  02:38 PM
  6. Awesome quote, and I laughed.

BUT

...I prefer books over movies, because I like using my imagination.

...and, similarly, I like a woman to be tastefully and well dressed.  I don’t need to see every square inch in order to know it’s there.

YMMV, of course.

Posted by TJIC  on  07/03  at  04:14 PM
  7. Mr. Venlet (is that pronounced ven-let with hard T or ven-lay?),...

Hard T, Erin.

...hopefully my holiday image will convince you that even though I’m a liberal I do not “hate America”...

I don’t think you “hate America,” Erin, it’s just that your ideas regarding America at times seem to indicate a preference for America to be spelled with a “k.”

8. ...I prefer books over movies, because I like using my imagination.

As do I, TJIC.

...I like a woman to be tastefully and well dressed.  I don’t need to see every square inch in order to know it’s there.

Amen.  And I get pretty good mileage, too.

9. Which ideas? Ones I’ve actually espoused or one’s you simply imagine I have?

You will note I have used italics so you can better understand me.

Posted by Erin O'Brien  on  07/03  at  05:14 PM
  10. Which ideas? Ones I’ve actually espoused…

There is a vast difference between a felt sense of obligation to assist someone, Erin, and being forced to help someone via taxation.  A subject you recently touched on here.

11. Very nice, Mr. VenleT.

Posted by Erin O'Brien  on  07/03  at  07:24 PM