Beautiful Inconvenience

While I see that there is much going on in the world of a negative, and ugly, nature which could be commented on and criticized, I am currently immune to it.  You see I’ve just moved my daughter and grandchild into my home, a temporary arrangement to be sure, but none-the-less inconvenient, and my son-in-law will follow shortly after the beginning of the new year.

The reason I am immune to the negative and ugliness, currently, is because of my granddaughter’s presence.  I hear her little voice, merrily babbling, in some room of the house, and it warms me like the rays of the sun on a cool May afternoon.  Or, I hear her crawling across the wood floor, with decided purpose and will, and then her face peers out from behind the couch and she points at me, in a three point stance and a smile on her face, and emits a joyful, but non-sensical, string of syllables which play across my ears like the most beautiful symphony.

Right at this moment, she is peering around my computer screen, cooing questionably, a finger poised to strike the keyboard in the desire to imitate what her Grandpa is doing, a look of innocent interest on her face.  It is a beautiful inconvenience.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 12/13 at 09:42 AM
  1. I hope the next few months are filled with the happiness and joy I experience with my grandchildren.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  12/13  at  10:46 AM
  2. wonderful gift ... soul sunshine!  Merry Christmas is ringing non-sensically in.  I wish you and Melis the sweetest moments during this blessed time!
    ~DeAnn

Posted by DeAnn  on  12/13  at  02:24 PM
  3. Right at this moment, she is peering around my computer screen, cooing questionably, a finger poised to strike the keyboard in the desire to imitate what her Grandpa is doing, a look of innocent interest on her face.

I’m guessing you were parked at my blog at the time wink

Wishing you and your family all the best in the new year.

Posted by RKN  on  12/14  at  01:42 AM
  4. Steve, thank you.  You can be certain I’ll be enjoying this time.

5. DeAnn, “soul sunshine” is a most apt description.  It can penetrate walls and shine over vast distances.  Thank you.

6. RKN, I was parked at your blog just prior to posting this note.  Thanks for your new year wishes.  We wish you a Merry Christmas and blessings in the new year.

Oh, and I’ll still take that snow.

7. What pure joy.
    Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Years.

Posted by Tim P  on  12/14  at  04:06 PM
  8. Tim, thank you.  I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a blessed new year.

9. Yes, very nice! Merry Christmas and a happy new year too John…

Posted by mike  on  12/17  at  02:21 PM